Knittingsmith

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cardinal numbers...

The other day, as I was looking out the window in front of my desk at work, I noticed a cardinal disappearing into the bamboo. When I took a closer look, I saw the nest.

This is the third nest that this pair of cardinals has built in the bamboo garden here at the office. It's a great place for babies; it's fully enclosed, with access only from the sky or from our office. Of course, they have to put up with curious engineers staring at them through the glass, but I imagine that's a small price to pay for safety.


Here's my workspace.
See the red arrow? That's where the nest is. I'm thrilled that I have a front-row seat.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, lucky you! I've yet to see a cardinal nest in my yard. Plenty come to the feeder. Isn't it great to have a front row seat? I've had that with robins.

    By Blogger Manise, at 10:36 PM, July 19, 2007  

  • Bird's eye view? *ouch*

    Love watching the process of raising the hungry little ones. It goes so fast!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:09 AM, July 23, 2007  

  • That looks like such a pleasant work environment. Natural light and greenery... :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home