Knittingsmith

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Random bits...

...In other words, what you talk about when you don't have much to talk about.

In spite of my woodworking obsession, I am still knitting. Lately it's been socks; in particular, Silky Socks from Great Adirondack in "chili peppers". With 70% merino, 20% silk, and 10% nylon,
this is some of the nicest sock yarn I've worked with. The colors are wonderful.

I've been spinning too. I finished this during the Tour de France: It's a Corriedale/Border leicester blend and is working up at about DK weight.











Finally, an illustration of how to stay cool on a hot summer day.

1 Comments:

  • You could almost convince me of the goodness of red. Almost.

    The DK stuff is lovely. And the pose is difficult for most of us.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:26 AM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home